We love questions and hopefully we’re able to answer any you might have right here!
What is the toilet paper made from?
- 100% sustainably certified, bamboo pulp. That’s it, that’s all.
But it’s not white!
- That’s right – we’re beige and we’re proud of it. ZERO bleach and chlorine went into the making of our rolls. It can be a little shock to the vision, but remember you’re only going to dirty it and flush it so it’s not an issue! Also don’t let the colour confuse you, it’s as strong and soft as regular toilet paper.
Are there any chemicals or toxins?
- Absolutely not! That is why we exist – there was nothing on the market that was 100% free, zero, zilch of these harsh ingredients. Although some other brands whiten with a safer method called ECF (elemental chlorine free), the pulp is still bleached with chlorine dioxide which is a chlorine derivative, which can still release dioxins. Dioxins are a known toxin that causes reproductive and infertility problems in adults, damage the immune system and interfere with the endocrine system. We think it’s unnecessary just to make paper white and be putting them on our bootay’s, so we say "no thanks"!
Why bamboo? Here’s some bathroom reading for you!
This is one amazing plant and we love it!! When we were looking for a material that was more sustainable than knocking down our forest, bamboo was hands down, the easy answer!
- It is the fastest growing plant in the world – technically it’s a grass! Some species can grow 1.2m in a day. Bamboo regenerates and can be harvested year on year for up to 70 years. Trees on the other hand take 30-40 years to mature just once, then need to be replanted after being harvested.
- Soft & strong! Don’t let the colour fool you – this aint no finger poking sandpaper! Bamboo fibers are long and strong, making it softer than many from recycled paper or wood fiber.
- Bamboo is naturally hypo-allergenic, anti-fungal and anti-bacterial. It’s a Super-plant! We think it needs a cape!
- It can be grown without pesticides or herbicides, as bamboo doesn’t have any natural pests.
- Bamboo doesn’t require any fertilizer.
- Bamboo produces 30-35% more oxygen than trees.
- It uses 30% less water than hardwood trees.
- Unlike wood pulp, its dust free!
- Helps to reduce deforestation (15% of deforestation is due to toilet paper production).
Need we say more….?
How is the paper made?
- Once our bamboo is chipped down and the useful and non-useful material is separated, it simply goes into a thermo process of water to turn it into pulp. The additive of silicate of soda which is toxic free and safe, is used as a binding agent to make the pulp bales. The bales are then turned into toilet paper, with nothing else added including any whitening agents. It is then pressed and rolled out into the TP we love!
Do you have recycled paper?
- No we don’t. We want zero chemicals in our products and manufacturing, unfortunately recycled paper can be quite chemical intensive with de-inking and depending on the original manufacturing, the pulp could contain those nasties like BPA, bleach and other endocrine disruptors we want to avoid. Also bamboo is so beautiful and soft, unfortunately recycled toilet paper just doesn’t compare.
Where does the bamboo come from and where is it manufactured?
There is no other product like bamboo for its sustainability and health benefits, that’s why we choose it! Unfortunately Australia doesn't grow bamboo on scale to produce products. The main farming of it is in Asia and ours is from the Sichuan province of China, where it is naturally abundant and supports the rural communities through co-operatives.
We would love nothing more than to also be Australian made. However we would still need to import the bamboo, then to add the manufacturing costs here, the end product would not be economically viable. We were meticulous in selecting our manufacturer ensuring they had a solid understanding and experience with environmentally safe production, packaging and printing. We also ensured they operate with the right practices and they hold the correct certifications. They are ahead of the game when it comes to ensure everything is made with as little environmental impact as possible, including using recycled cardboard, paper tape and soy-based inks.
We are Australian owned, we create Australian jobs, we support Australian charities keeping all money in Australia. However to create a sustainable product which isn't causing deforestation, we’ve confidently had to source overseas.
Find out more about our supplier here.
Is the bamboo sustainably sourced and certified?
- Yes! Our manufacturer holds international certifications. Our bamboo is responsibly and sustainably managed.
Are your manufactures certified to ISO Standards?
Absolutely! They hold the following current certifications :
- ISO14001(Environmental Management Systems Certification)
- ISO9001 (Quality Management Systems Certification).
What is your packaging made from and are you completely plastic free?
- Yes ZERO plastic in our manufacturing and packaging. Our wraps are made from recycled paper and our cartons made from recycled material, and we use kraft paper based eco packaging tape. Everything is fully recyclable and biodegradable. We encourage you to reuse as much as possible. Our wraps have been designed with this in mind, the information and logo can be cut off so that the paper can be reused for gift wrapping, arts and crafts or anything that tickles your fancy.
Why do you individually wrapped rolls?
- For hygiene and honestly, good looks! We’re proud to be 100% plastic free which has lead us to be individual wrapped instead. As our rolls are not only in homes, but also places which are shared like hotels, cafes and offices. By individually wrapping them they are kept hygienic. We use soybean ink for the printing. They also look amazing on display, and it was a great opportunity for us to team up with some brilliant Australian artist to bring our customers more than just an average roll. As mentioned above, we’ve designed the wraps so you can cut off the logo and information to be used elsewhere.
What are ‘naked’ rolls? Do I have to be nude to use them?
- We get asked this all the time! No, you don’t have to be nude, although your bottom half usually is at this time. For our naked rolls, we removed the wrapper from the same premium quality bamboo rolls for those wanting to reduce their environmental impact further.
How does the price compare to other rolls?
- As sustainable choices are not yet the majority choice, we do encounter slightly higher manufacturing costs. However our rolls are extra-long with 300 sheets, which is almost double the standard being 180 sheets.
Do you offer trial packs?
- No, but we have a guarantee which is even better! You have zero risk trying our product with our 120% Guarantee. See details here ‘guarantee’.
Should I choose wrapped or naked rolls?
- That depends on what drives you most! Less waste or hygiene and looking cool!
The wrapped will keep rolls hygienic once out of the box, if in a shared space like an office/café or at home you like to keep a few rolls on display. They look great with the wraps and it shows what you stand for… or sit for if you’re on the toilet. Otherwise if less waste if more your priority, our naked rolls remove a layer. (Please note, we are trialing the naked rolls to ensure they can be delivered to your door without compromising the quality of the roll.)
Are you vegan?
- No animals were harmed in the manufacturing and testing of our product! There is absolutely nothing harmful, so we only tested on human cheeks to ensure its safety, softness and quality. Also no animal derived ingredients are used throughout manufacturing or packaging.
Do your tissue paper products undergo fumigation?
- No, our tissue paper products do not undergo fumigation. We employ a thorough manufacturing process that incorporates a thermo cooking method, ensuring the tissue paper remains free from methyl bromide residuals. The confusion may stem from the necessity to fumigate raw materials like wood and bamboo before importation into Australia. It's crucial to note that we do not import any raw materials. Therefore, the raw materials used in manufacturing our products are not subject to fumigation.
What about bamboo, and does it undergo fumigation?
- Bamboo, a significant raw material for our products, naturally resists pests, eliminating the need for fumigation. Additionally, the thermo process that bamboo undergoes, both pre and post-manufacturing, ensures that at no stage is fumigation conducted.
How much is shipping?
- Shipping is FREE for orders over $55.95 to all Australian cities and metro areas (excluding Darwin). Some regional and remote areas do occur a surcharge based on order size. We use a few different carriers to get the best possible rates and the more we ship the better the rates will become, and the further we'll be able to reach.
CHECK YOUR SHIPPING here.
When will my order be shipped?
- Our courier collection days are Monday, Wednesday and Fridays. Orders will be processed and sent on the following shipping day.
Yep, our shipping to you is carbon neutral!
- For every package we send we donate to Greenfleet to planet trees on our behalf to offset the omissions. These donations are in addition to the contribution we make from every sales to our charity partners Greenfleet and Starlight Children's Foundation.
The shipping seems quite high for my address?
- As you're purchasing bulk, the carton is quite large which does cost more even though its not that heavy. The good news is you won't need to be lugging those rolls around the supermarket anymore! But if you think you're not in a regional or remote area, please contact us direct at email@example.com We'll look into it and see if there is something we can do.
How long does delivery take?
- To capital cities (Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Canberra) it will take 1-4 days, metro areas (including Perth, Hobart & Darwin) 2-6 days and regional areas can be up to 10+. To check your specific suburb, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your suburb AND postcode and we will get back to you with an estimate delivery time.
Do you ship to PO boxes?
- No unfortunately not. We have accounts with courier services (rather than Australia Post) so we can not deliver to them.
Subscribe, leave it up to us to remember and you’ll never run out!
What benefits are there for subscribing?
- All subscriptions receive 5% discount every order, you get to set and forget, also our subscription customers receive stock priority, so you won’t run out.
How often will it be delivered, and can I change this if I need to?
- The frequency is up to you, and is flexible, it can be changed by logging into your customer account. Please see below table for a guide as to how often you’ll need it delivered.
1 – 2 people = every 20-30 weeks
3 – 4 people = every 15-20 weeks
5 – 6 people = every 8-12 weeks
6+ people = every 4-6 weeks
Can I cancel my subscription?
- Yes, please log into your account and cancel prior to your next order date.
Can I delay a delivery?
- Yes, please log into your account and you can postpone or skip and order date from there.
Please note, once an item has been shipped, it is the customer’s responsibility to organise a return if not required. We cannot recall any deliveries that have left our warehouse and are with a courier company.
In Australia alone, over 3 million trees could be saved if we all switched to bamboo. This is based on our population, excluding babies who don’t use toilet paper yet, how many rolls are made from each tree (average), and how many rolls we use each year (average).
Less babies. Born in 2019 = 304,400
(average time in nappies x 4 years)
(lets just say 24 million cheeks to wipe)
|Average .5 rolls per week, per person
= 26 rolls per person, per year
(we’re way under estimating your ‘down under’ usage here)
|24million cheeks x 26 rolls
|= 624,000,000 rolls per year
|Divide by 200 rolls on average made per tree
|= 3,120,000 trees per year!
(Just in Australia)
120% Money Back Guarantee! Nope, that’s not a typo. We believe in our product that much. If you’re not satisfied with your purchase, we will gladly refund you 100% of the price, plus an extra 20% for all the hassle. Please see below for the guarantee.
Step 1: Give it a chance! At first the colour may be a little bit of a shock to the system… we know… it’s not white and we’re totally proud of that. We believe once you go brown, you won’t turn around! So, sit down, relax and ensure you’re comfortable with that… then move on. Check that the paper wipes and cleans like it should. Check that it is soft, and it doesn’t cause any gravel rash. Most importantly, check that you get no poke through! Now if you’ve done all that and there’s something you’re not satisfied with, please move onto the next step.
Step 2: Tell us! Email us at email@example.com (with your order number) and let us know what we can improve on. If we can’t fix it, we will gladly refund you your purchase price plus and extra 20%. Please follow next step to finalise.
Step 3: You must contact us within 7 days from the date of delivery. Arrange to return the carton to us and we will process the payment once received. This guarantee is subject to the following terms and conditions: The Guarantee only applies to purchases made via our website. Shipping fees for the return of stock, is the customer's responsibility. Please be sure to obtain proof of posting or a tracking number. The product must be returned in good condition with no more than 3 rolls used. All remaining rolls must be untouched and have no signs of use. You must notify us within 7 days from the date of delivery. If you have any queries in relation to this guarantee, please ‘contact' our customer service team at firstname.lastname@example.org.